One of the biggest hurdles in designing your space, in my opinion, is defining your style. Here are 5 small ways to help you conquer your style woes.
1. Create A Mood Board: Mood boards are generated to evoke style or demonstrate a concept for a space. You can create these boards by using apps like Canva and Picstich.
2. Gather Pictures For Inspiration:I’m sure you have searched for inspiration on sites like Pinterest and Houzz. As you collect inspiration from these sources, categorize each one according to style. For example; modern, traditional, and eclectic. Study each category and determine which one appeals to you the most.
3. Gather Interior Design Books: Design books are great for more than coffee table decor. They also serve as a great source for style inspiration.
4. Make A List: Make a list of what you desire for the aesthetic of space to be. For example, if you prefer a dining room light with clean lines vs. a crystal chandelier. Your list should consist of major and minor details of your space.
5. Hire A Interior Designer: There is this misconception that Interior Designers takeover your home. Ultimately a good designer is a style guide and not a style dictator. We are merely here to help you create your dream home.
Happy Style Hunting,